Following Government and Church of England guidelines St Oswald’s PCC has put the following guidelines in place to try to keep everyone safe. It is important to be aware that data for the area indicates that infection rates remain high so please think carefully about your own personal and family vulnerabilities. The PCC asks that, when you feel the time is right for you to come to church, out of respect, love and care for each other, please abide by these instructions.
Arriving at church – please ensure you wear a face covering unless you are exempt as per government guidelines
- Please keep to the 2 m spaces marked out on the floor starting at the entrance into church • Please use the hand sanitiser provided on entering church
- On the table on the left please collect your service sheet which will have everything on for the service. Activity packs for the Children will also be on the table.
- Please sign in on the attendance sheet. This sheet is to provide track and trace information should anyone be unfortunate enough to contract Covid 19.
- Please place your collection on the plate.
- Please go promptly to your seat without stopping to chat, however tempting.
- Seats are marked out in church following the 2 metre social distancing rule which means there are limited spaces in church. Please do not use the kneelers.
- One household or established bubble or two socially distanced people on each row in the main nave – please do not join a row if more than one person already seated unless you are part of that household or bubble. • There will be no physical sharing of the peace, nor will we be able to sing hymns however we are able to play music before, during and after the service if required.
- Communion will only be given in one kind. Please sanitise your hands before receiving the bread, and please remain standing with your arms outstretched to receive. No one should feel under pressure to receive. Everything will be done to Covid guidelines, but no judgement will be made on you, whether you choose to receive or not.
- If you wish to light a prayer candle please do so at the end of the service observing social distancing. Leaving Church
- Please make sure you leave 2 metres between you and the people in front,
- Please take your service sheet home but leave the Children’s folders on the table (they can take home the activity sheets)
- Sanitise your hands and leave promptly by the vestry door without seeking to chat with others. • If you wish to chat outside please ensure you adhere to the current guidelines.
- Church will be cleaned after each service
- The kitchen will be out of bounds for everyone so if you feel you may need a drink during the service you will need to bring one with you.
- The toilets will be open but please use an antiseptic wipe on surfaces you have touched after use and dispose of it in the pedal bin provided at the door.
Please take care of yourselves and if there is anything we can do you can contact Rev’d Anne on 07746 129554 We look forward to welcoming you when you are ready.
Best wishes from St Oswald’s PCC